The publishing world is currently in the throes of a massive overhaul. Technological developments and economic conditions are forcing changes in how books are written, produced, marketed and delivered. This publishing upheaval presents overwhelming challenges as well as opportunities that were never before possible. DeoWorks Publishing intends to meet these challenges with creative solutions and take advantage of the possibilities for Kingdom purposes.
Out of economic necessity, existing publishing houses must focus on revenue and avoid taking the risks associated with unknown authors or those without a broad platform for book sales. Publishers also face the fact that the emerging generations do not follow the traditional channels for finding and purchasing their books. Publishers are in the midst of adjusting to new realities.
DeoWorks Publishing intends to respond to this challenge by creatively exploring new channels for marketing books to the emerging generations and creating new platforms for unknown authors.
Traditionally, publishers have played a minimal role in developing new authors. It has been expected that writers submit completed manuscripts for consideration. The publisher’s role was to provide editing, printing, marketing and distribution. Writers were on their own to produce something worth publishing.
DeoWorks Publishing intends to search for and discover new Christian authors who might otherwise remain unnoticed and unheard. DeoWorks Publishing intends to invest in these writers and create an environment in which they can develop and thrive.
DeoWorks Publishing exists for the purpose of discovering and developing new Christian authors that they might find a significant voice in the conversations that announce the Gospel and shape the thinking of those who follow Jesus.
- New Unpublished Writers
- Republishing Relevant Content
- Christian writers expressing their faith
- Books (versus scripts, blogs, poetry, music)
- Leveraging Print-on-demand and e-book technologies
- Establish a local and organic ministry for Christian publishing
- Connect Christian writers for collaboration, mentoring and ministry
- Accelerate the Gospel, discipleship and the Kingdom through writing
- Depth: Raising the quality of Christian thought and deepening Christian discipleship
- Mentorship: Mentoring and raising up new Christian writers
- Access: Providing accessible and loser risk investment process to publishing
- Livelihood: Providing a means of livelihood through the ministry of writing
- Fuel: Ability to be positively revenue fueling other DeoWorks projects
Books: Coming to Your Senses: Why you can’t change & how to change that, by Steve Korch (September 2012)
Want to get involved? Email us: dwpublishing (at) deoworks.org